IBR-Global Markets Ltd is committed to providing a quality services for its clients and working in an open and accountable way that builds the trust and respect of all our stakeholders. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our services is by listening and responding to the views of our clients, and in particular by responding positively to complaints, and by putting mistakes right.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our services which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our services, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
- We recognize that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly;
- keep matters low-key;
- enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Definition: IBR-Global Markets Ltd defines a complaint as ‘any expression of dissatisfaction (with IBR-Global Markets Ltd, with a member of staff, or with an IBR-Global Markets Ltd Trustee) that relates to IBR-Global Markets Ltd and that requires a formal response’.
Purpose: The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction.
IBR-Global Markets Ltd responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- respond within a stated period of time;
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- take action where appropriate.
A complainant’s responsibility is to:
- bring their complaint, in writing, to IBR-Global Markets Ltd attention normally within 5 working days of the issue arising;
- raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of staff in IBR-Global Markets Ltd;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow IBR-Global Markets Ltd a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- recognize that some circumstances may be beyond IBR-Global Markets Ltd control.
Responsibility for Action: All Staff, and Trustees of IBR-Global Markets Ltd.
Confidentiality: Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and IBR-Global Markets Ltd maintain confidentiality. However the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Formal Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to the member of staff who dealt with you, or their manager, so that he or she has a chance to put things right. If your complaint concerns a Trustee of IBR-Global Markets Ltd, rather than a member of IBR-Global Markets Ltd staff, you should write formally to the individual concerned. In your letter you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 10 working days.
Our contact details can be found on the Contact Us part of the IBR-Global Markets Ltd Website.
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write to IBR-Global Markets Ltd Chief Executive Officer and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect the Chief Executive Officer to acknowledge your request within 4 working days of receipt and a response within 10 workings days.
IBR-Global Markets Ltd aim is to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated.
Consequently timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
If you are not satisfied with the subsequent reply from IBR-Global Markets Ltd Chief Executive Officer, then you have the option of writing to the Chair of the Board of Trustees, stating the reason why you are dissatisfied with the outcome. Our contact details can be found on the Contact Us part of the IBR-Global Markets Ltd Website. You must do this within 3 days of receiving the written response from IBR-Global Markets Ltd Chief Executive Officer.
The Chair of the Board of Trustees (or their nominee) will respond normally within 5 working days to inform you of the action which will be taken to investigate your complaint, and when you can expect to hear the outcome of the investigation.
Note: If your original complaint was against the Chair of the Board of Trustees, then the final stage will be handled by the President of IBR-Global Markets Ltd, or by the Vice Chair of IBR-Global Markets Ltd.
You are welcome to adapt it for your own purposes, in which case please acknowledge this page as your source.